About the Resource Center
Our Resource Center is located at the HHI Senior Center at Shelter Cove Lane, in the Beaufort County Sherriff’s facility. The Resource Center is open 5 days a week, Monday through Friday, from 10am until 4pm. Usually there are 2 volunteers on duty to assist members in person or by telephone (843) 842-4475.
The Resource Center includes:
- Dell Inspiron One 2320 Touch PCs with 22” wide LED touch screens
- Each PC operates with the latest version of Windows.
- Each PC has a standard software configuration including the latest Office Suite and several other popular applications.
- Two flat bed scanners and a color laser printer, a gigabit network with 4TB of network attached storage, computer tables and chairs in an instructional style arrangement
- Two iMacs
- These systems operate as administrator so you can install your favorite software or extend your learning of how to modify Windows.
- A simple reboot will restore the systems to their original configuration if needed.
- In addition these systems update all installed software automatically every evening so you are always up to date.